The Center for Global Education is dedicated to the development of academic and immersion programs throughout the world and to the creation of an educational environment at home and abroad where students are challenged and inspired to enhance their social and intellectual awareness by exploring different cultures, lifestyles, values, and beliefs.
WELCOME to USF’s Center for Global Education!
The Center supports the Vision, Mission, and Values of the University of providing a global perspective to educate leaders from the United States and from other countries who will fashion a more humane and just world.
USF Sponsored programs parallel the mission and goals of USF. They include programs at other leading overseas universities with which USF has partnered. Students pay USF tuition rate to USF, irrespective of specific international program costs. As a result, full course and credit transfer apply to a student's USF transcript. USF financial aid, USF grants, scholarships, as well as federal and state aid (except Federal Work Study) apply, as any regular semester at USF. Program fees and housing are paid in addition to USF's tuition. Please visit our office for program brochures, eligibility requirements, applications, course descriptions, and other program-specific information. You are required to schedule an appointment with a Study Abroad Advisor upon obtaining general program information.
To get started, please complete a Study Abroad Interest Form and view our Study Abroad Programs
How to Submit the USF Pre-Application
- Complete the Study Abroad Interest Form and Meet with a Study Abroad Advisor through a virtual session or individual meeting.
- From the menu bar to the left, select “Programs”
- Search for your desired program (you may select “Search” for a complete list of our programs)
- Select your desired program from the list, then click on the “Apply Now” button
- Select “OK” from the pop-up window that will appear
- On the following page, select the first option “I have a MyUSF username and password”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the rest of the pre-application
Note: You cannot submit multiple pre-applications unless you are studying abroad in two different programs (fall and spring) so it is essential that you research and identify a study abroad program that most fulfills your academic requirements while factoring costs, housing options, language requirement.
Once a pre-application has been submitted you cannot switch to a different program unless you are switching from a USF sponsored to an external program.
- Students must meet with a study abroad adviser and complete a USF Study Abroad Pre-application for their program of choice through the Center for Global Education’s website. Pre-Applications completed by the December 10th deadline will be reviewed and students will be notified of their nomination by the third week of January. Spring semester applicants may be on extended review until after grades from their academic year are submitted and should await notification of application status by the third week of June.
- Nominated students may then apply for their approved program. Students are responsible for submitting the host program’s application and required documentation by the program’s deadline. Nomination by USF does not guarantee acceptance by the host program.
Study abroad is an earned opportunity and not guaranteed. Students whose Pre-Application is not approved are encouraged to consider short-term programs.